Friday, July 23, 2010

tuesday spewday

i had dinner w/ astin and jordan in the city (at perilla) earlier this week. seeing them really brought me back.

astin was the first poker blogger to ever comment here, and he was the only guy i "knew" going into my first blogger weekend in june 2007 when i flew out to play the ladies tournament. i remember meeting him at the treasure island coffee shop w/ no clue what he looked like (a briefly recurring problem) clutching a guide to tournaments. he snorted when i told him what i was reading, and said something along the lines of, no sense in reading that now.

jordan is the first blogger that i remember emailing. i read one of his blog posts about poker in the city and emailed him hoping to tag along to a game. it was through him i heard of the wall street game, and that led to a cool poker circle that got me going to atlantic city.

poker's played an increasingly larger role in my life over the past 5 years, and a lot of the people i've met in the game are somehow related to poker bloggers.

at dinner we didn't talk too much about the tournaments that brought us together, but being w/ them got me thinking that it would be cool to play some poker with friends/e-friends/bloggers/blenemies/etc. thus, i've organized a weekly poker tournament. would love for it to be more than a glorified SNG (no offense to the mookie <3), so if you're around on tuesday please come check it out cause it's TUESDAY SPEWDAY and who is more of a spewtard than me? :)

here's the info, it's two tournaments, one regular MTT at 9pm EST and a super turbo KO at 9:15pm ET. password for both is spewday. (no period)

Tournament #174055893 07.27.10 21:00 ET - 3000 chips
Tournament #174065188 07.27.10 21:15 ET - Super Turbo KO

thanks to bayne for the name!

this summer marks the 10th anniversary of one of my all time favorite songs. happy anniversary rub you the right way!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks for the Wall Street shout out! I had no idea it was through my game that you became entwined in this vicious circle of degeneracy, madness and delirium. I'm sorry and delighted at the same time.

I hope everything's cool out in LJ Land. Tuesday is Ali's first day of the bar exam, so I'm not sure if I can make the tournament, but I will certainly try.

12:23 PM  
Blogger MackemPlus1 said...

Full Tilt I presume?

8:01 AM  
Blogger Astin said...

I should be there. As long as I remember.

Great seeing you again. Fantastic suggestion for dinner.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Astin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:39 PM  
Blogger lj said...

yes mackem, full tilt!

12:43 PM  
Blogger BWoP said...

10th anniversary of Rub You the Right Way?

Ouch. I feel old.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Dawn Summers said...

LOL. Is this on Tilt or PS? I am flush with winning my WSOP prop bet challenge and will be playing with CK's money if it's on Tilt.

12:53 PM  
Blogger lj said...

full tilt!

1:20 PM  
Blogger StB said...

What are the buy-ins?

3:24 PM  
Blogger lj said...

lol oops. $11 for double stack and $6 for super

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home